ELHC leverages existing relationships with the Foundation’s partners, particularly the East Lake Family YMCA, to benefit families served by the East Lake Foundation’s programs and services.
A program coordinator with a health background and three family health advocates staff the project to provide vital community health services:
- Assist families with enrolling their children in the CHIP/PeachCare program
- Assist families enroll in health insurance programs for which they are eligible
- Assist eligible families in selecting and making contact with a new medical home
- Teach East lake families how to establish and best use a medical home
- Educate families caring for children or adults with diabetes, hypertension, or asthma on effective disease management
- Ensure East Lake youth receive vision screening
- 149 residents at The Villages of East Lake were connected with health services.
- 11 East Lake YMCA Scholarships
- 92% of those targeted for chronic disease management reached their treatment goal
Support Comes From
The rollout of the program in 2014 was made possible through a grant from the Jesse Parker Williams Foundation. The $932,851 three-year grant ensured all eligible families have access to the program.