ELHC leverages existing relationships with the Foundation’s partners, particularly the East Lake Family YMCA, to benefit families served by the East Lake Foundation’s programs and services.
A program coordinator with a health background and three family health advocates staff the project to provide vital community health services:
- Assist families with enrolling their children in the CHIP/PeachCare program
- Assist families enroll in health insurance programs for which they are eligible
- Assist eligible families in selecting and making contact with a new medical home
- Teach East lake families how to establish and best use a medical home
- Educate families caring for children or adults with diabetes, hypertension, or asthma on effective disease management
- Ensure East Lake youth receive vision screening
- 386 participants were connected with health services.
- 90% of those targeted for chronic disease management reached their treatment goal.