Free COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics at the East Lake Family YMCA
Available every Tuesday in September from 12:00 pm -6:00 pm – 275 Eva Davis Way, Atlanta, GA 30317
- Pfizer vaccine is available to anyone 12 years old older – 2 doses
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine is available to anyone 18 years or older – 1 dose
Please click here to register.
Supporting Drew Charter School Families
The Drew community has come together during this challenging time to support one another. Drew’s social worker, Mr. Rashid and counselors is connecting with families who are experiencing hardship during the extended leave, and funding from the Drew Opportunity Fund will be used to help meet immediate needs such as food, medicine, hygiene products, etc.
If you would like to support these efforts, please consider making a gift to the Drew Opportunity Fund. A portion of existing Drew Opportunity Fund money will be used for this purpose; additionally, beginning March 13, 2020, all funds raised began going towards assisting families who need it most during this time of uncertainty.
To make a donation to the Drew Opportunity Fund, click here or visit www.drewcharterschool.org/support-drew.
If you or another Drew family is experiencing hardship due to the unforeseen closure, please contact your grade level counselors or Akil Rashid, Drew’s social worker. His email address is email@example.com and his phone number is (731) 236-0258.
Seasonal Health Resource Guide for Older Adults
Cold temperatures, darkness, snow and ice present dangers to everyone regardless of age, but older adults can find themselves especially vulnerable during the winter months. Click here for some helpful resources to help you stay safe during the winter and all year ‘round.
Mental Health Resources
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line – 1-800-715-4225 – Georgia DBHDD funded hotline that provides 24/7/365 crisis intervention.
- The Crisis Text Line – Free text line that serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to 24/7 support and information via texting. Text HOME to 741-741 from anywhere in the USA or Canada.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255 – This national lifeline provides free confidential support 24/7, 365 to anyone who is suffering from a mental health crisis that involves thoughts of suicide.
- Peachford Hospital – Located a short drive from East Lake, Peachford handles mental health crisis situations that require short term hospitalization.
- The Summit Wellness Group – Dual-diagnosis substance abuse treatment center with several locations in the Atlanta area that are a short drive from East Lake. Their website provides in-depth guides on suicide prevention and overdose prevention.
- The Georgia Overdose Prevention Project – Features information on Georgia’s Good Samaritan amnesty laws and provides free naloxone kits to Georgians via the mail.